Herein the acronym HACAP refers to the Hutchins Australian Contemporary Art Prize.
- The Hutchins Australian Contemporary Art Prize (HACAP) is open to all Australian residents over 18 years of age.
- Submissions must be original works, produced by the artist whose name appears on the entry form.
- Artworks for submission must have been completed since June 2016.
- Artworks previously exhibited in awards and competitions are ineligible.
- The competition is open to multiple visual art forms and media. Moving image, video, sound and installation are excluded. Criterion relating to media has been determined in line with practical considerations to do with the venue exhibition space and safety conditions. If in any doubt as to whether your artwork meets the criteria, please contact the Art Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two-dimensional and three-dimensional works will be accepted but must conform to size restrictions (see 8.).
- Entries to be wall-mounted must be professionally presented and ready to hang with either D-rings or hanging wire attached.
- Two-dimensional artwork is to be no greater than 150cm height x 150cm width x 30cm deep. Three-dimensional work is to be no greater than 50cm wide x 100cm high x 50cm deep, and must be mountable on a plinth.
- An artwork must not exceed 8kg in weight.
- There are no genre, theme or subject matter preconditions.
- All artwork must be available for sale.
- A 40% commission will be retained in the event of an artwork being sold at the finalists’ exhibition. Payment to artists for sold works will be made as soon as the balance has been received from the buyer.
a) Due to the individual nature of contractual arrangements between artists and galleries, it is the responsibility of represented artists to advise their gallery that they have entered work in the HACAP.
b) HACAP organisers reasonably acknowledge that the gallery consents to the represented artists participating in the HACAP and agrees to abide by the terms for exhibition and sale as specified in the Entry Criteria.
c) 40% commission will be applied to any sale of a represented artists work. Out of the 40% commission, 10% will be identified and returned to the artist as a separate amount for payment to their gallery. Any contractual arrangements beyond that are a matter between the artist and their gallery.
d) The 10% commission will be paid by HACAP to the artist. HACAP will not enter into negotiations with the represented artist's gallery.
- Entries may be submitted via online only.
- Entries must be received before 5.00pm (AEST), 2 March 2018
- A non-refundable entry fee of $45 (including GST) is payable for each entry. HACAP will not store any payment details or share your information with a third party.
- Entrants may submit up to two entries. A separate entry must be submitted for each entry
- Any questions in relation to criteria and suitability of artwork may be directed to the Art Curator at email@example.com.
- To be eligible for entry, artists must submit a completed entry form that shall include an image of their work, a single page CV and payment to HACAP by 5.00pm (AEST) Friday 2 March, 2018.
- NB: It is recommended that artists submit a high quality and clear image of the artwork as this will assist the judges in their evaluation.
- Employees of The Hutchins School and members of The Hutchins Foundation art committee and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.